Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sleepy Kids

I love the time of day when Allie gets out of the bath and I get her all ready for bed in her cozy footed PJs. She smells so good and she is extra cuddly. I usually give her a bath after the boys go down to sleep, so I can just sit and enjoy her in her nice warm tub.
This is a FIRST...Last week we had some busy days with my sister in town. She spoils the boys and does so many fun things with them. By the end of the week these guys were pooped out. On Thursday morning we took the boys on a bike ride to get bagels and then my sister and mom took them to Incredible John's Pizza for lunch. By the time they got home I didn't want to lay them down for a nap, so we snuggled on the couch and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. By some miracle they both fell asleep. I know that you probably think that I am crazy for making such a deal over this, but this has never happened. I always here about people whose kids sleep on the couch or just fall asleep on the floor, not my boys. Thankfully they take great naps each day in their beds but once in a while I just wish they would take a little catnap on the couch if we get home too late for naps. They usually both fight it and try way too hard to keep their eyes open, but not last week...they finally crashed on the couch for me. I purposely didn't wake them so Andy could see them when he got home from work because they looked so precious. When it was time to wake up it was a whole different story and we had two whiney, cranky boys on our hands, but I enjoyed the quietness while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment