Saturday, December 18, 2010

Luke's Pre-School Christmas Show

Well...we know that our Luke is probably not going to be the performer in the group. This past week was his pre-school performance. Last year he did not enjoy being on stage and very sadly cried his way through the performance. This year his teacher warned me that he did well with just their class, but when all the kids got together, Luke got very shy. The week before the show when Luke heard about practicing on the stage he got very upset and clung to my leg. We made the decision that he would not have to go on stage for the performance. He was the "sound helper" with the principle during practices. He felt very proud about his job. On the day of the performance we got all ready in our fancy clothes, as normal (Luke picked out Allie's dress), took our pictures, and dropped Luke off in his classroom. When they walked into the auditorium I met him at the top of the aisle and we sat together singing the songs. Daddy, Allie, and grandma all enjoyed the performance with us as well. We continued with our tradition of getting a special lunch after the show, so I took Allie and Luke to Red Robin for a yummy lunch. Oh, my Lukey, I LOVE you so much and I am continually amazed at how you are very set on what you do and don't want to do :)





No comments:

Post a Comment