Thursday, March 6, 2008

Adventures with MY BOYS...


The weather has been great the last week or so and we have been loving it. The boys love to do anything outside so we make very frequent trips to the park and you can find us riding bikes out in the street with our neighbor friends about every afternoon. A couple weeks ago Andrew decided that he was all done with his training wheels and ready for a two wheeler. He got a tool from Daddy's workbench and off came his training wheels. He mastered it in no time and is turning into quite the dare devil on his bike. He speeds up and down the street, down the driveway (and the front step), rides with one hand, and stands up while pedaling (I'm sure that by next week we will have a bigger list of accomplishments and tricks). I am very excited for this though because now he can ride his bike while I run with Luke in the jogging stroller, which is a lot easier than pushing both of them in the double jogger. So yesterday we set out on an adventure with the two wheeler and the stroller. There are some dirt trails near our house and there is a little lake in the middle of them. The boys have been eye-balling this lake from the road, so we set out to find it. Andrew was in his glory riding on the dirt trails. He claims he is practicing for when daddy gets him a dirtbike or a quad motorcycle when he is 5 (I can't wait :) ) We enjoyed a yummy lunch together and did some exploring. Luke is a great little bro and cheers Andrew on the whole time..."Good job Andrew..good job." Andrew would speed ahead of us and fly down the hills while trying to do his "tricks" at the same time. I was constantly saying good job, but under my breath saying, "please..please... please be careful." I was trying to figure out how I would get my injured 3 year old, his bike, Luke, the stroller, and my prego belly out of there and back to the car. Thankfully we were injury free!!! We are also working on being more independent at our house, so the boys each picked out their "hiking" outfits. Luke's boots were my favorite, especially since they are Andrew's. I love these special times with my boys and I'm sure our many adventures are only beginning. Their sister is going to have to be a tough girl to keep up with these two.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment