Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Luke James

Our free-spirit….this boy keeps us on our toes and laughing
Andrew is a boy who keeps all his stuff together and organized. He always knows where things are and keeps track of things. Luke is the opposite of Andrew. On our trip I felt like we were continually saying, “Luke, where is your hat, your shirt, your toy, etc…” His reply is always, “well, I don’t know.” Andrew begins to get nervous when he finds out his brother has misplaced something. I think we came home with all his belongings, but one of these days we’re going to start loosing things.
Luke’s most memorable moment of our trip was at Aunt Kim’s and Uncle Albino’s wedding. Him and Andrew were the bell ringers. As they made their long walk down the aisle I was standing on stage and I could see Luke’s face and I just knew he was feeling nervous and silly. First I see him carrying the bells in his mouth and then he starts tapping Andrew on the shoulder with his bells, and then as they are about half way up the aisle, he swings his bells and hits Andrew in the head with them. Of course he has one of his darling little smirks on his face while he is doing all of this. Andrew starts crying and runs to Andy who is at the front of the aisle waiting for his sister to walk down. I hurried them off to grandma to resolve their issues. Mischief I tell you, this little guy is mischief!!!
Luke also has to use the bathroom quite frequently. On long car rides, this becomes a challenge. All of a sudden out of the back seat we hear, “Uh Oh, quick I need to go pee pee.” This morning sitting in bumper-to-bumper LA traffic he says, “hurry mom I have to go really bad.” Nothing happens quickly in LA traffic. When we were 5 hours away from home to says, “Um, dad and mom can you get home really quickly, I need to go pee pee bad.” Daddy gets us to the next rest stop and after Luke goes to the bathroom and we get back in the car and enter the freeway he says, “oh no, I think I forgot to go to the bathroom.” How quickly we forget what we did 10 minutes ago…. As I’m typing this we are 2 hours from home and little Luke just says, “how many minutes till home, I need to go pee pee.” Andy and I just have to laugh when we hear his little comments. He always seems to have not a care in the world. We love this boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment