Friday, June 17, 2011

Our SECRET Treehouse

We have been loving bike riding lately. Everyone is at great ages to go on rides around town and not get too tired. I finally feel like it isn't a huge production to get out on a bike ride. Last Saturday we went on a family bike ride and checked out the "mysterious" tree house the boys could see from the road. It is a pretty cool tree house that someone created out in a field near our house. So Monday morning we woke up and the kids and I made a plan. We packed for the day and headed to the tree house on our bikes. Each of the kids brought along a book and after I got myself up in the tree with all of them, prayed the boards didn't break while I was sitting up there with my 3 kiddos, we spent time reading. It was wonderful and such a fun setting to do some of our summer reading. Andrew has been reading through the Magic Treehouse books, so it was the perfect place to read together. After our reading time we rode our bikes to the gym for a picnic lunch and a swim. As usual we caught up with friends at the pool and had a great afternoon swimming. We biked home and I had three very tired kiddos who had gotten some great exercise for the day. They did about 4 miles on their bikes and swam for 2 hours. We are LOVING our summer days this year!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment