Monday, August 16, 2010

"INKED" with Amore...

Saturday night after grandma's Memorial Service our family did something I thought they would never do...got tattoos!! Toni, Katelyn, and Aunt Jamey had gotten a tattoo a couple months ago with grandma. Grandma wanted them to get one that AMORE..so they did. The whole family headed to the tattoo parlor in Sunset Beach at about 9:30 Saturday night. My mom, Aunt Emmie, and myself got one on our foot and my dad, Paul, Matthew, Jimmy, Jesse, and Uncle Mario got a larger one on their arm. Andy was a trooper and stayed back with the kids. It was a very special time to honor grams and mark our bodies with something that we will always have. My favorite part about the whole experience is that our family is one of the last groups of people I thought I would ever see in a tattoo parlor at midnight on a Saturday night. Grams is also someone who I thought would never want any of us to get a tattoo, but she had eyes full of tears and felt so honored that the girls wanted to get a tattoo in her honor. It was an amazing way to end the day celebrating GRAMS!!! She was so incredibly special to us and I am so proud to have a TATTOO in honor of her.
LOVE YOU GRAMS!!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment