Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Closing out the year we called 2010...

New Years Eve was spent at home with friends. The DeJongs and our neighbors Dan and Angela came over. We all brought some type of food and called it a "surprise dinner party." The DeJongs spoiled us though with steak and yummy brushetta. The kids played board games, Andrew and Lauren worked on their never ending book, the dads played Wii, Angela was attacked by small children to play games on the floor, the kids ran back and forth through our back fences to one anothor's houses, Allie choked on what seemed like a hairball at 8:55 and threw up, and at 9:00 we rung in the new year with poppers and champagne. Right after the ball dropped I put my messy daughter in the bath and changed myself (I was the lucky one holding her when she lost it). The kids all settled down and got tucked in. Andy went to bed as well and I ended up doing computer work until midnight (I know...highly exciting 111) It was a nice way to end this crazy year called 2010!! As I sat in a folding chair holding Allie, covered in pink throw up from her (she had a smoothie with dinner) as the ball dropped my wonderful husband gave me a New Year's kiss...I didn't expect anything else from this year...so glad it's 2011!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment