Tuesday, May 11, 2010

One Day....


this boy is going to make some GIRL very happy...I know my Luke is a mere 4 years old, but I often find myself thinking about what a great husband and daddy our boy will be. Here are some of the reasons I think this.....he is one extraordinary kid....
- he is a gift giver....every time he goes to the store with daddy he wants to buy me flowers. I have a steady flow of fresh flowers on my counter because of this boy (& his daddy). He picks me flowers ALL the time and gently presents them to me
- he enjoys to clean with me...he's not the most tidy kid, but when it comes time to dust and vacuum, he is a great help
-he does the dishes...the other night he randomly said he would do the dishes, I stood in amazement as I watched him wash all the dishes off and then he proceeded to scrub all the pans...he looked like a grown man, only he was standing on the big red stool by the sink
- he takes good care of his sister (sometimes too much)....Allie is his little princess and he does everything for her. I am always commenting that he thinks he is her dad. She is his "honey", "sweetie", and "baby" He teaches her how to do things in a very patient way. The other morning he was giving her a toothbrush while she was in the bath and he gently kneeled down and said, "now here honey, be very careful the toothpaste doesn't fall off" One of my favorites was last week one day when I was getting Allie ready for the day...somehow he thought she wasn't going to want to put in her bow so he said to her, "honey if you put your bow in your hair I will take you to the dollar store for a treat (oh...he says it in the cutest little voice, but it sounds like an adult). He ran and put some change in his shorts pocket and kept tapping his pocket so the change would make noise. As he patted his pocket he said, "see honey I got money for you."
- he will be a daddy who loves to treat his kiddos - I took him and Allie to Stein Mart a couple weeks ago and he found Allie a little dog inside a purse. She carried it around the store and I overheard him say to her, "how about I go home and get some money, and I'll come back and buy that for you." (of course mommy got it for her because I couldn't pass up on his thoughtfulness, I said it could be an early birthday present, but he insisted that he will get her something else)
- he LOVES to share his things...always giving us his stuff to borrow, especially his blankets

Oh this boy..he makes me smile!!! ...and I think one day he will make some girl smile too..if I ever let him move out of mommy's house!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment