Sunday, May 9, 2010

One Lucky Mommy...




It was a very relaxing Mother's Day today. I feel so blessed to have the most amazing mom, wonderful mother-in-law, and very special grandmas. I am also the luckiest mom to have three very special kiddos. I love my Andrew, Luke, and Allie more than anything (with the exception of their daddy). On Friday Andy gave me a card with a scheduled appointment for a massage and then I get to do a little shopping. Today we went to church and lunch and then came home to hang out and relax. It was a chilly day, so it was very nice to be cozy inside. We took an afternoon walk to Starbucks and when we returned home the excitement started. I walked in the house to the horrible smell of FIRE. I quickly figured out it was the dryer. It was very strong and I was worried that the vent in the wall could have been on fire, so I called 911. In less than 5 minutes 2 big fire trucks, about 8 firemen, and the Battalion Chief in his suburban showed up. All the neighbors started coming out from our street and around the corner. Just a little embarassing considering it was just the dryer. They didn't find smoke in the walls or attic, but there was a fire in the back of the dryer near the vent. Luckily we got home when we did. They took our dryer out for us and it sits in the garage stinking like a campfire. This was our wake-up call that we need to clean our vent better, not run our dryer when we aren't home, and get a couple of our appliances checked that are on their last leg. The firemen were so nice and let the kids go in the trucks and they told Andrew and Luke how cool they thought their bedroom was with antique fire helmets in it. After all the trucks left we ate a quick dinner and headed to frozen yogurt with friends. I'm ending the day getting my blog all updated!! It was a very nice day enjoying my family and feeling blessed to be a mom!!



1 comment:

  1. i love the last pic of you and andy...it's a great pic...you look so pretty (and so happy)
    love you leslie..you're an amazing, loving, caring, blessed mamma!

    ReplyDelete