Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Granite Bay TRI...

We DID IT!!! On Sunday, September 26th Jesse, Toni, and I competed in the Granite Bay Triathlon. My sister had signed up for this race during the summer and she encouraged me to do it too. After a crazy summer with Andrew's cancer and grandma's passing, it was a bit difficult to train. I have been able to run but wasn't able to swim much and I had just bought a new bike a few weeks ago. It was great to get out there though and compete. The swim (.75 miles) went well (better than I thought, the bike (13 miles) was ok but I was a little slow compared to all the amazingly fast people on their rode bikes, and the run (5 miles) was difficult and very hilly but I did fine on that. Jesse finished in a time of 1:58 and was 6th in his age division, Toni finished in a time of 2:51 and was 5th in her division...YEAH, she even got an award, and I finished in 2:12 and was 6th in my division. Toni had made us matching "TEAM ANDREW" shirts and my mom made everyone else matching t-shirts to wear at the race. It was so cool to see a swarm of green shirts when I would come into transition areas. They were so easy to spot. The kids enjoyed watching and cheering us on. I loved when I came in from the swim and Andrew came running through the water to give me a hug, I loved when I finished and Luke had a snake skin on a stick for me (and he was very proud of his findings) and I loved when I finished and Allie was so excited to hug mommy. I think (and secretly hope) my girl may be running with me one day. She loves to "run" and always wants me to take her on a run with me. Thanks to my amazing Andy for chasing the kids and always being there to cheer me on! It was a great morning!!








No comments:

Post a Comment