Saturday, September 4, 2010

He's BACK!!!



It's been two and a half weeks since Andrew had surgery. He went back to school on Friday, which was a little sooner than we originally thought. Since he had only been to school one day this year, he was a little bit nervous. The kids were all excited to see him and his sweet teacher had his desk decorated for him. I checked in at morning recess and he was happily eating his snack and then he was off to play on the playground. I watched as he ran with all his friends and showed them all his green knee wrap. I came back after lunch to see if he was ready to go home, but he confidently said he wanted to stay. As he was heading back to class he came running back to me and gave me a big hug and said "bye mommy." It made my day....we had been having some difficult days with him at home and in that moment I felt like "my Boy" was back. Hopefully he will be back for good. He will miss a couple days in the next couple weeks for appointments, but for now he is BACK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment