Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lukey Plans a Party....






Tonight Lukey had a "s'more party" He invited the three neighbor families. When Pake and Oma moved to Kansas City in July they gave us their fire pit. Luke has been talking about having a s'more party, so we finally got the party together. I knew he was really excited about this, so I let him take the reigns. We printed out invitations and he colored them and then delivered them to his friends. He helped me get the s'more supplies at the store and he planned the events of the evening. He wanted to play Bingo, so I printed out one of our classic BINGO games from a great kids website. He put out a board game (which never got played, but he wanted it out) We spread out his camping blanket and he set up the bean bag toss game. It was fun to let him take over and plan what he wanted. As his friends got to our house he said, "mom, I'm going to wait in the front room for my guests." The kids had a crazy time..playing, eating, and dancing to Party in the USA. As, they all headed home and we closed our door, LUke said, "wow, that was really fun mom, we have to do that again." I was so glad to see my boy so excited. He has been a great brother to Andrew this whole summer and over all he has been very good for us, considering the circumstances. I knew when he kept talking about this s'more party, that I needed to follow through with it and make it extra special for him. He was beaming all night and I knew he was very proud of himself for the "fun" party he planned for his buddies. As always I learn from my kids....it doesn't have to be anything complicated to make them happy...my boys had fun getting ready for this party and the neighbors kids were so excited to come over for s'mores in our backyard. Ethan, who lives across the street came up to me the other day and said, "do you know I'm really excited because I get to do something fun...I get to come to your house for s'mores."
Thanks Lukey James for being a great party planner...you make your mommy smile!!

1 comment: