Saturday, October 30, 2010

Slowing Down

Recently I have been trying to be very intentional about "slowing down." Andy has taught me so much about just slowing down and not running around like crazy. I feel like I always try this, but sometimes life gets crazy. On Friday I knew we had a busy day...I was running Andrew's class party from 11:40-2:20 and then we were heading to a Halloween get together that night. I had worked hard a couple nights earlier when the kids were in bed to get everything ready for the party so that Friday morning wouldn't be crazy. We dropped Andrew off at school and I started thinking of all the things I could do to fill my next two hours. We really didn't need to do anything, except go home and shower, so I took Luke and Allie to Starbucks. After battling with myself about the drive-through or going in, I thought, we can go in AND sit down...we have time. So we had a nice relaxing morning in Starbucks with bagels, coffee, and juice. I want to enjoy times like this with my kids and also teach them the art of stopping to relax. It was so fun to sit with my babies and enjoy the morning...before I know it they will both be in school too and I won't be able to do things like this with them. Thanks kiddos for having a relaxing morning with mommy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment