Friday, February 11, 2011

Daddy and Mommy Day



So, since I'm really into watching the Bachelor (I know....cheesy), I always get inspired by their super cool and very impractical dates. I thought it would be fun to surprise Andy and plan a fun "date" day for us. We get out to dinner with each other every now and then, but we hadn't had a day away in a long time. I got a babysitter and my mom all set up to cover the day and came up with my plan. I felt a little bad because my amazing husband had been working hard on re-doing our garage and toward the end of the week he kept mentioning how he wanted to work a lot on Saturday. So, Friday night I gave him a "date card" that said..."Let's go on an adventure and then relax." It was supposed to be a surprise, but as we usually do, I told him the plan. We left at about 9:30 Saturday morning and headed up to Auburn to go mountain biking. It was a 10 mile trail and ended up being a pretty good challenge. It was beautiful and we had a good time riding together. On the way home we stopped to eat our picnic lunch and get a Starbucks. We dropped our bikes off at the neighbors house (so we didn't have to bother the kids) and got out of our muddy clothes. We then headed to a local massage place. My poor hubby....he has never had a massage and I knew this was a bit out of his comfort zone. I really enjoy them and I have always wanted him to try one...just once! He was a trooper and made it through the hour massage, but I don't think he'll be returning anytime soon. We shared some good laughs though. After our massage we headed home to clean up and get ready for the kids. We headed to my parents house then to enjoy the kids playing in the spa and a yummy dinner. It was an absolutely beautiful day and I LOVED spending some quality time with Andy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment